Monday, September 2, 2013

1:365 Family Adventure

Reading the last time I posted, makes me laugh.  I have such good intentions to blog, but life gets in the way.  Update since last time, large breech baby=no VBAC.  We have a healthy 7 month-old boy.  Long story short, you can plan all you want, but in the end once you see that sweet little face it doesn't matter how he made his entrance into the world.   

I have a new blogging idea.  I have seen people doing it on Facebook so it must be great, right?  I am going to post a picture a day for a year with a small caption. . . no long stories, no rambling (well it is me, so maybe a little rambling).

Here. . . We. . .  Go . . .

I got a new fabulous camera for Christmas (yes, I said Christmas),  but having a baby, having a husband who was out of town Monday-Friday for 4 months, moving to a new town, and a new job have prevented me from using it (I know, excuses, excuses).  I would not say that life is slowing down, but it is more routine now so I am going to do this.  

Today we explored Rock Bridge State Park.  Steve and I used to go there quite a bit when we lived in Columbia.  Today, we took the kids and it will be part of our normal routine because Kerington had such a great time.  I would consider myself somewhat outdoorsy, but the outdoorsy in my nicely manicured back yard, playing with the kids on the swing set or pool, tailgating, bonfires.  Nature and creepy crawlers are not my thing.  They are, however, my daughter's thing.  She chased frogs and bugs, she went deep into Devil's Ice Box with her dad (I was seriously wondering if they were ever going to come out).  She jumped from rock to rock in the creeks, it was seriously one of the glorious days where I just enjoyed her. 

 Little Man and Steve enjoyed themselves as well.
 K's favorite part was stepping from stone to stone.  She kept telling me, not to be afraid.  Her friend, Secret Agent China, (that's her imaginary friend) was afraid, but she is not anymore.  I hung back while the rest of the family explored the natural Rock Bridge (Dark, Wet, Rocky places filled with bats are not my thing).  She came back to get me and told me, "It will be all right mommy, I will hold your hand the whole time."
We even got some smiles from Grumpy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment