Sunday, June 19, 2011

Big Girl Bed


Tonight, for the first time, we put Kerington in her converted toddler bed :( She climbed out of her crib a couple of months ago, but the back and sides of her crib are taller than the front so we were able to turn the crib around. The problem with that is the back of the crib is REALLY tall and we just had to "drop" her in and hope she tucked and rolled. Steve had been telling me we need to convert her bed. I kept fighting him. This is just one more check off the list that I do not have a baby anymore, she is a big girl. . .

As we were converting, she was crawling in and out of her bed. I kept trying to convince her that she could not get out of the bed without my help. . . she was not buying it. I would try to help her and she would say, "I'll do it." (this is a common phrase at our house lately). So we laid her down at bedtime, we said our good nights, and I reminded her, "Don't get out of bed unless mommy and daddy come to get you." She chatted for a while. Steve laid in the hallway floor to see if he could see any tiny feet under the door, so far so good. It had been quiet for about 30 minutes so I went to check on her. . . Her little head popped up, "Hi Mommy!!" BUT, she was still in bed!! I just went to check on her for a second time and she is successfully asleep in her toddler bed!! I'll keep you posted . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment